How to format US military addresses?
Modified on: Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 5:12 PM
- Enter the service member's full name and rank for Name.
- Include their unit and PO box for Street 1.
- The City will need to be one of the abbreviations below:
- APO: Army Post Office
- FPO: Fleet Post Office
- DPO: Diplomatic Post Office
- The State/Province needs to be assigned a ‘state code’ that is categorized by one of the following abbreviations:
- AA: Armed Forces Central and South Americas (Armed Forces Americas)
- AP: Armed Forces Pacific
- AE: Armed Forces Europe (including Canada, Middle East, and Africa)
- The Country is “US”, as these addresses are considered part of the United States.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.