To use OAuth 2.0 in your application, you need an OAuth 2.0 Client ID, which your application uses when requesting an access token or identity token.
To create an OAuth 2.0 client in your account:
- Go to the Developer Console.
- From the clients list you can create a new one.
- Enter the name of your application. This name is visible to users.
- Enter the website for your application. This website is visible to users.
- Enter the Redirect URI for your application. This is where the user will be redirected to after accepting or declining the requested permissions during the consent process. It can include query parameters but it must match the "redirect_uri" in the authorization request.
- Enter the support email for your application. This email is visible to users. This email will also be used for important updates from BoxC.
- Choose the Permissions you are requesting from the user.
- Press 'Submit'.
If successful you will be taken to a confirmation page that displays the Client ID, Secret, Public and Private Keys. The Secret and Private Key must be securely saved. They will not be displayed again. Learn how to Request Authorization From a BoxC Account.
You may create up to two clients in your account. You can delete clients by deactivating them first. The client will remain queued for deletion for 30 days.